Eco Glitter Box Three
Keeping it colourful this festival season, check out our Tutti Frutti, Rosa Uber Disco Ball and Aqua Uber Disco Ball combination. This snazzy blend of glitters is perfect for any upcoming festivals, parties or everyday sass, all whilst keeping it eco. Completely biodegradable, plastic-free and even comes with a handy bamboo applicator brush and natural, organic Aloe Vera gel.
● 92% Plastic-free (the only 100% plastic-free glitter out there is non-vegan unfortunately)
● Independently tested to prove it breaks down in the natural environment.
● Passed the official requirements for compostability, adhering to European (EN13432) and American (ASTM D6400) standards.
● Free of heavy metals
● Approved for cosmetic use
● No genetically modified materials or materials obtained from genetically modified organisms.
● Cruelty Free
● All packaging is made from recycled cardboard, shredded newspaper and paper packing tape.
● Aloe Vera gel is natural and organic
After discovering glitter was a microplastic in the summer of 2016 Sophie was determined to find an alternative. She found a company called Ronald Britton Ltd who were manufacturing their newly developed biodegradable alternative made from a modified regenerated cellulose film, Bioglitter ® . This glitter was fairly unheard of with just a couple of companies globally purchasing from them and selling to end users. The companies were selling in plastic pots, which seemed absolutely crazy to her. So, this is how the idea of Eco Glitter Fun was born. Eco-friendly glitter in plastic-free packaging. They also use eco glitter to begin the discussion on more serious plastic pollution and consumption topics.
1. Glass bottles from Yiwu city of Zhejiang, China
2. Bamboo brush from Longgang District, Shenzhen, China
3. Aloe Vera sourced from Nurifi in Central South America
4. Aloe Vera gel manufactured in London, UK
5. Recycled cardboard and veg inks sourced and manufactured in Pontypridd, Wales
6. Modified regenerated cellulose film manufactured in Rochdale, UK
7. Distributed by the lovely team in Reading, UK
● Glass bottles
● Modified regenerated cellulose film
● Aloe Vera
● Bamboo brush – synthetic bristles
● Recycled Cardboard Box, Vegetable inks
Directions of Use:
Use the small bamboo brush and pot of Aloe Vera gel to cover the area of your face (or beard!) that you want to glitter up. Then dip
your brush in your chosen glitter and press onto the gelled-up area.
After use, we recommend removing the eco glitter prior to sleeping with soap and warm water to avoid any irritation.
In rare circumstances people are allergic to Aloe Vera gel. If you are at all concerned about this, please do a patch test on
your arm. Can be used for face, beard or craft decorations.
Care for Product:
Ensure you always close lids properly to avoid any upsetting spillages. Store in a cool, dry place.
Once you’ve used up all of your glitter, the glass bottle can be washed out and reused to store on-the-go salt and pepper for your
lunch, homemade perfumes or simply recycled – after all, glass can be recycled an infinite amount of times!
As for the Aloe Vera pot, it can be repurposed for homemade balms, sun cream pot on the go, place to store earring studs when travelling. It can also be recycled.
And lastly, the bamboo brush can be kept for future glitter sessions, or if you manage to damage by dropping in your festival welly
and dancing on it then this handy brush can be repurposed as a paintbrush, stick to hold small plants up or simply composted to
return to nature.